Monday, June 29, 2009

New Hair, New Me

The color wasn't supposed to be this dark. You should've seen the face in the mirror I did when I rinsed it out! But, ZOMG it's incredible. It took me a day, and an insane amount of reassurance from Matt, Angela, April, Sammie, My MIL, Pam, etc to convince me, though. I am totally in love with my new dark hair color. And for some silly reason, my hair is behaving better now, too. And I don't know why, makes no sense to me, really, but I swear, like, the new color has affected all of me. I am so ready for the fall and winter now! And I just feel....different? It may not make sense, but I really do. Maybe I am more confident? Hmmm. I sorta feel like Carrie in the SATC movie. When she dyed her hair after the whole horrible Big thing. The dark hair was a new look, a new her. And maybe that's part of it. I spent so much time being a redhead. So many important things were photographed with redhair. It was an era almost. But all things change, and my hair is not exempt. So the end of an era has now ushered a new one. And I think this one may be way more exciting and fun. Esp when I consider the convo Matt and I had yesterday. It went something like this:
Me: Ya know, it was different when I was a redhead, and I was just fiesty.
Matt: Yeah, now you're dark and evil.
Me: So much better this way.

So we'll see what happens. We'll see what this new era is ushering in...

No comments:

Post a Comment