Monday, June 29, 2009

Bat Fink

A long time agoMatt was on the computer (big surprise right?!) I was next to him, talking ( another shocker!) and I turned around and all of a sudden, this bat is flying around my living room. I swear for that first skipped heart beat, I seriously expected that damn thing to turn into Lestat! (silly me!) Poor guy. He flapped around like a giant moth horny for light and then sadly, he had an encounter of the first kind with a damn strip of fly tape. Poor guy flew right onto it, wings completely stretched out. He looked sorta like a fake little guy at that point, wings all huge and well, batty...We quickly pulled down the tape, BatFink still attached, and as he proceeded to chew his sticky lil way out, we gently pulled fragile, soft, rubbery wings off frustratingly sticky fly tape ( damn the stuff for working too...I never want to touch another fly carcass as long as I live!) We looked closely at his tiny, ugly in a cute way furry face and laughed at his sounds, and as he tried to get sticky out of his mouth...He growled his clicky sounding growl, and we laughed again. He soon was crawling on our florr, sassing and smart mouthing as expected. He'd had a rough day, we put up with the bad attitude. He decided to move into our bedroom, and though he may have moved out (we're not so sure) he was greatly amusing. I didn't get pics, though, some fat ass I know ran out the digi-cam batteries. Damn other people's kids...Matt picked him up a few times, without much fear. But I"ve HAD the rabies shots, and I know how they hurt, so like a good wife, I at there silently, waiting to see what would happen. He was so soft....but then I saw those teeth again when he copped more attitude, so I let him be. Men. What can I say? They appear to be all the same, no matter how furry they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment