Monday, June 29, 2009

About the Election of Obama

I don't have to approve of who is our "president elect". I didn't vote for him. When I said I was doing a write in vote, I meant it. My responsibility was to vote for who I thought would be the best leader for our country. And I did. I didn't waste my vote. I didn't make a mockery of what our soldiers are and have been fighting for. If you think that, you have no clue who I am, and shouldn't even be on my friends list!
Because I, myself, have not spent any actual one on one time with Mr. Obama, (and neither, I believe have many of you, even the ones who voted for him) I have no clue what is true about him. His websites, and ads, and speeches may say one thing. His enemies may say others. His PR and spin guys may say TONS more. I dunno. To be fair, I don't know any of the former candidates, including my write in, personally. That's fine. One of the main reasons I didn't vote for any of them. (Too bad Ron Paul wasn't up there....)
Last time I checked, I am allowed to NOT like him. I NEVER have to approve of him. I can sneer every time I see his face if I choose to. This may be my country, and he may have been elected our leader, but not by me. So he'll never be MY president. Go ahead. Get mad at me. I'm not being rude to him. Nor to his supporters, many of whom are my friends. I think the man has SOME good ideas and concepts. And I know that our country really needs some change. Something new. And I'll give the guy a fair chance to do his job, and make things better. I'll give him the full 4 yrs. Then I'll evaluate my opinions.
I am happy for you Obama supporters that your guy won. Maybe he'll do some major good after all. But the election is now done, and I am tired of the debates. The arguments. I am NOT stupid. You are not stupid. We voted differently. We aren't different people now. We just have a point of contention. But I am choosing to be the bigger person. So stop the immature gloating, the bragging etc. Sit back, let your boy take office in January, and then observe him for a while.
Oh, and let's not forget, the electoral college is the REAL reason he was elected into office. The rest of the nation wasn't so solidly decided. Keep that in mind. More politicians chose your guy than regular people. And don'tcha know politicians are sooooo trustworthy and full of good judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment